JukeboxTheGhost

Friday, September 11, 2009

Never Forget

Does everyone remember where they were when the events of 8 years ago took place? September 11, 2001, picture this: Students are sitting in English class preparing for an exam. Across the hall our history teacher (whose class we just left a few minutes ago) is running up and down the halls asking who has seen and for us to turn on our TVs. We do, and take our quiz while silent images of destruction fly across the screen. One of those students was me. I was in the 8th grade at the time. I will never forget who I sat next to or what we said as events unfolded. I doubt any of us will.

Another story. Imagine you were supposed to work in that building but had called out earlier because your wife was going into labor and about to have her baby. How lucky would you feel? Not only starting your family, but you have been saved from the horror that others had to go through. This is what happened to a friend of my father's. This was one of those moments where even a doubter has to believe in a greater Power than oneself.

I hope everyone takes the time to remember today and those who were not as fortunate. Most importantly don't forget to live, not just today but every day. Make every moment count, because you never know when it may all have to come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect