JukeboxTheGhost

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Chris Hardwick @ Caroline's - A Review (Sorta)

Warning: This blog might start off semi-professional, but it will quickly turn into "Reasons I Think Chris Hardwick is Awesome". If you don't want to read my rambling about, well, anything, then you might want to skip this one. On the other hand, it might be fun to watch me ramble. Heck, I'm rambling right now. But since I'm talking about possibly one of the funniest guys I've ever had the privilege to meet, I'm gonna say I'm allowed to be a little silly. And with that I'm just gonna dive into this thing here.

Sorry about the super long intro, folks. I'm gonna rein this one in and finally call this meeting to order. First order of business - the 8pm show at Caroline's last night. The MC for the evening was Nate Bargatze, and the "Oh God, why do I have to be the one to keep these guys from Chris Hardwick" slot went to Ryan Hamilton. To his credit, he was quite good. I don't think there was ever more than two minutes throughout the night when I wasn't laughing. Everyone was funny, and the audience definitely got their money's worth.

Next I wanna be serious about something for a minute. I'm not usually one to go see live comedy, but I do enjoy watching clips of things online. It is through these means that I have seen a sample of Chris's stand-up before last night. Even knowing some of the jokes that were coming, I still laughed. This wasn't a little chuckle, "oh yeah, I remember that one" laugh either. I laughed a lot. I actually don't remember the last time I laughed that much. So yeah, thanks for that, Chris. You are awesome.

*ding ding ding*

We've come to the part where I ramble about reasons Chris Hardwick is Awesome.

1) He's really funny. See above for some examples why, as well as the sample clip I've been passing around to people.



2) He's a really nice guy. After his set he invited everyone to hang in the lounge and chat with him for a bit. People lined up to get their few minutes, and he was friendly with each and every one of them. I stood back after my few minutes to talk further on what will be my next point, so I witnessed most of the meet-and-greet action. It made me smile.

3) If you follow Chris on Twitter (@nerdist) you might have noticed an invite he did for his street team that wasn't going to be called a street team. Nope, that didn't sound cool enough, so instead we are called the Node Warriors. Node is on Twitter as well. The invite lets you create a profile on a site made just for us Warriors. When I talk about this with my friends I usually describe it as a social networking site for nerds. Another way I've been looking at it is like a playground that is safe for us nerds to play in. It's been a lot of fun so far, and if you are looking for fellow nerds to connect with then you should snatch one of those invites the next chance you get. Not only is it a lot of fun, it is pure genius and seriously has made my life just a little better. A big highlight from last night was getting to tell Chris how great I thought this thing was.

That about concludes my ramblings for the day. To recap - Chris Hardwick is awesome and hysterical and you should go see him if at all possible. He's got two more shows tonight (one at 8, one at 10:30) and a final show on Sunday. Details on Caroline's website. Also, Node Warriors rule the internet! That is all. Class dismissed, meeting adjourned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect