JukeboxTheGhost

Thursday, August 27, 2009

PNC on Notice

I recently attended a concert at PNC Bank Arts Center in Holmdel, NJ and have a few complaints I would like to share with the management.

1) If you are going to post a list of prohibited items on your website, please make sure it is COMPLETE. Having a basic item like a purse be restricted due to its size will cause many problems unless advance notice is given.

2) Prices: Charging twice the amount that items normally cost is criminal. I get that things are going to cost more at a venue like this but if it would have been cheaper to eat in New York then that is just ridiculous.

3) Organization: You're parking lot is a maze. Please make signs clearer and make it easier for people who were dropped off to be picked up. My ride paid several more tolls than was necessary because he had to keep getting on and off the parkway.

The only thing I didn't really have much complaint about was the actually staging. Sound quality was decent (although I have heard better) and even lawn seats have a decent view of the stage. Just need to work on the above mentioned issues and you could really have something here. I will say that those who drive as a group and get the full experience probably enjoy themselves more. My problem is for those who have transportation issues. Yes there is a train and shuttle you can take, but it is a long ride for most who would take it and costs money. The parking and driving issues that you could possibly encounter almost make it worth it to take the train, however. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect