JukeboxTheGhost

Friday, February 12, 2010

Ah the Power of Twitter

I'm sure I've mentioned my love for Twitter before (possibly not on this blog though) but for those who may have missed it I'll catch you up...

I love Twitter.

A lot.

I love how it helps spread news and makes connections that wouldn't have been possible without it.

I love when my favorite band or musical artist posts behind the scenes photos or information for secret shows in my area. (I actually scored two guest list spots to one such show Jukebox the Ghost had recently in NYC).

So yeah, I love Twitter.

Why mention this now though? I mean, Twitter has been prominent in the media for awhile.

The answer to this involves a story from my day. A friend and I had been planning to see our other friend Bryan Fenkart play at D-Lounge in NYC. It was going to be a late show so we weren't planning on meeting up until around 10pm. Late this afternoon I checked my Twitter feed to see this message from @Steinway7

Won't be performing at the D-Lounge tonight. I'm sick. Sorry everyone!

While I was sorry to hear Bryan wasn't feeling well and would have to cancel the show, I also couldn't help but be impressed, yet again, with the information highway that is Twitter. True, I probably would have heard the news from my friend eventually, but not everyone would have been as lucky. I doubt Bryan had the ability or inclination to contact all his friends and fans individually to let them know about this cancellation. Twitter gave him the perfect outlet to get the word out in a quick and efficient manner.

And that is just one more reason why I love Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect

Blog Archive