JukeboxTheGhost

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Muse On Tour: Boston Edition

Picture it: Fall, 2009. Muse headlines for arguably one of the greatest bands of all time: U2. "Who are these guys?" the crowd wonders. They're really good.

Flash forward to now. Muse is on a tour of its own, and you can be sure everyone in the crowd knows who they are. They sit through a fun yet otherwise uneventful set from Silversun Pickups. Many are only familiar with one song, the hit "Panic Switch" It is played near the end of the set. Everyone dances and sings along. They know it means they will soon be getting what they came here to see.

Break. Set change. Waiting.

The lights go down. Everyone cheers. Our time is now.

The stage shines with intense light displays and video. Portions of the stage rise and fall to reveal the band. What follows is over an hour of one of the most impressive displays of musical ability I have seen in a band. It was truly inspirational.

The main set ended with a few songs missing, so I started my predictions of what the encore would be. It was a long shot, I knew, but I was hoping for Exogenesis Symphony. To me, it showcases their talent as musicians. I was pleasantly surprised to see I had gotten my wish. It was followed by Stockholm Syndrome and then concluded with Knights of Cydonia. A great finish, although I was disappointed they didn't play Invincible. It is the best song on the live album, and I was hoping to experience it for myself.

Overall the show was fantastic. If you get a choice to see them live DO IT. They are one of the best live bands you will possibly ever see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect