JukeboxTheGhost

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Not So Happy Town

After reading a slew of negative reviews of the new series, Happy Town, I was worried that it would prove to be a disappointment and not meet my previously high expectations. I would like to take this opportunity to thank ABC for proving me wrong. Sure, the first episode didn't blow me away, but it had its moments. At the very least, it met its question quotient for the evening. There were so many of them that I actually had to make a list to be sure I didn't miss any.

Who is Chloe? (was answered at the end, but more on that later). And why does the Sheriff keep mentioning her and then not remembering when he does? By the end of the episode he seems to have some kind of mental break. What's up with that?

What secrets are hidden in the house with all the widows? Especially curious is what could possibly be on the third floor that Henley (the mysterious visitor) isn't supposed to see.

Who is the Magic Man and what did he do with all the missing kids? And why did the disappearances suddenly stop?

Who killed Mr. Friddle? I'm assuming it's this mysterious "Magic Man" but that could prove to be wrong. Also, why did everyone see Friddle as the "town weirdo"? It seems to me they all thought he deserved what he got. (Sorry, but I have a hard time believing ANYONE deserves having a hole drilled through their skull).

Final question is mostly for me: Was anyone else creeped out by Merritt Grieves? (the guy staying in the house with all the ladies)

For all these questions, Happy Town gave us one answer... sorta. It turns out that the mysterious visitor is the aforementioned Chloe. But what is she doing in town? She seems to be there to investigate something... but what? We leave her as she is about to go to the forbidden corridor that is the third floor.

Well, that is what you missed on the series premiere of Happy Town. The show looks to have potential, so News on Shuffle will be keeping tabs on the townsfolk for the time being. Hope some of you will join us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect