JukeboxTheGhost

Monday, April 5, 2010

Remembering Kurt Cobain

On this day in 1994, Kurt Cobain died at the age of 27. Cobain was the lead singer of the band, Nirvana. Nirvana has always been one of my favorite bands, and Smells Like Teen Spirit is possibly one of my favorite songs. It is one of the first songs I can remember thinking "Ooh, I love this song" every time it came on the radio. Many people, I'm sure, feel the same way. Many more can probably remember where they were when Kurt Cobain died. (Being too young to remember this myself, I equate it to remembering where I was when I found out Heath Ledger had died). The band is legendary, as is Cobain, and enjoyed much success while it was around. Dave Grohl (their drummer) would go on to form his own band, Foo Fighters, which has also enjoyed much success. He has also recently formed another band, Them Crooked Vultures. Both bands have plans for future albums and a tour.

And now, a tribute:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect