JukeboxTheGhost

Sunday, April 18, 2010

We All Deserve To Die - A Recap

Lots to discuss with the new episode of Desperate Housewives. I'm going real in-depth here so if you haven't watched yet then you're going to want to stop here until you fix that. You have been warned!

Now, before I begin I need a moment to let the smiles dissipate. Honestly, who else gets chills every time John Barrowman comes on screen? Right then, thought so.

Barrowman did not offer the biggest shocks of the night though, but more on that later (I know, such a tease).

Gabi - I loved the idea of you having Bob and Lee's baby. It was fun right up until you realized they were planning on taking the kid away to upstate New York after it was born. Then I felt sorry for you. It doesn't compare to how sorry I felt for them after you backed out and they broke up (?!). Which brings me to...

Bob & Lee - I loved you as a couple. Lee was hysterical and brought color to an already colorful cast. I'm sorry to see you struggling. At the same time I have to wonder why the writers would finally give you a really good story just to end things so abruptly. I have to believe that Lee is coming back eventually. I'm going to miss you.

Susan & Mike - Your story was understandable to an extent, but overall I think Mike is being ridiculous. I get male pride but you are part of a marriage which means you should be sharing EVERYTHING. That includes the bills. You not being able to pay for the car effects the wife too. So let her help pay some of the bills! At least until you get back on track. That is all.

Lynette - You are possibly the best mother a son could ask for. Preston is an idiot if he stays mad at you for more than a day. I love that you were willing to go to any length to protect him from the evil future-daughter-in-law. I also love how the story was finally resolved - with Lynette getting her favor from the Man Upstairs and Preston overhearing the evil shrew telling Lynette that she didn't matter.

Bree - I give you points for brilliance in stopping the customers from eating the ruined dish by setting off the sprinklers. Having said that, you are accepting Sam into your life and your business way too easily. Sam is definitely up to something. Why are you the only one who doesn't see that?! I have to admit, when he accuses Andrew of sabotaging the meal I thought this might be the case. Then when Orson pointed out he is not that clever I realized he was right. Plus he wouldn't want to ruin his mother since he blames Sam for everything and is suspicious of his intentions. Orson just says what we are all thinking and Bree doesn't want to see - Sam wants Andrew out of the way and will do whatever it takes to make that happen. My question is, "Why?" I am sure his intentions are not good but I don't understand what he is trying to do getting close to Bree. At first I thought he was behind the missing girls, but that was until...

Eddie turned out to be the serial killer! Irina might have been a total shrew, but she didn't deserve to die. She got what was coming to her with Preston tossing her out on the street. This was a real shock for me. I have been pretty good at predicting the twists and turns of this show, but that came out of left field and provided the biggest shock of the night. Yes, even bigger than the opening where...

Logan is sitting in the coffee shop that his son conveniently works at. My question from the start was, "Does he know that is his son?" By the end of the night I was convinced that the answer is "yes". I find it poetic that not only does he decide to kidnap his son as the ultimate in payback, but he asks Danny-boy for advice on the situation before finalizing his plans. I really think he knows who Danny is and is going to get close to the kid before finally snatching him away. Might even convince him to come on his own. That would be the thing that would truly hurt Angie the most.

Finally, my favorite scene tonight was when Logan and Danny are talking about how to finish the "story". Logan says killing her (Angie) would be too easy. I knew what his solution would be before he even said it. "Oh God, he's going to kidnap the son," I thought to myself. Danny apparently got that sense too and... DING DING DING! We have a winner! This was also the moment I realized how poetic it all was. Not only the plan, but also the fact he is talking about all this with the person who is the center of the whole story. I really think Desperate Housewives has raised the bar with this season. They have found the perfect balance of darkness and humor. While they owe a lot of this to the addition of John Barrowman and his story, it is not the only factor. The writing has been excellent this season, even better than usual. I congratulate them for a job well done and hope they keep the momentum going through the rest of the season. Sunday nights have never been this exciting, and it is all thanks to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect