JukeboxTheGhost

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Tony Nominations Announced

Tony Nominations came out this week, and boy were they exciting for this blogger. First of all, MEMPHIS GOT 8 NOMINATIONS. Words cannot describe how proud I am of them. I have already mentioned everything I love about Memphis in a previous post (or two), so I will not repeat myself here. If you didn't want to take my word for it though, this is the perfect motivation to go see this fantastical show (before it wins the Tony for Best Musical *knocks on wood* and the lines become insanely long like they did for Spring Awakening).

In other news: If you looked at the previous post I linked to before, you will so that I totally predicted American Idiot and Memphis competing for Best Musical. I am less sure about AI's chances now that the rest of the nominations have been announced. AI only has 3 total (including the one for Best Musical) which makes me think it is less likely to win. It is going up against shows with nominations in many more categories (which means they probably are viewed as stronger overall).

Are you excited about the nominations this year? Were there any shows that you feel were left out? As always, comments are both welcome and encouraged. I look forward to your discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect