JukeboxTheGhost

Monday, June 14, 2010

2010 Tony Awards - Part II

I was so excited about Memphis winning Best Musical last night that I neglected to mention some of my favorite moments from the rest of the show. I'm going to correct this error now.

First of all, I loved having Sean Hayes as a host. He was funny without being too crass and a real joy on stage. I actually considered going to see Promises, Promises based on his performance at the Tonys. Speaking of performances, they were all very good this year. I didn't dig Fela! as much as other people seem to, but I think that was just personal preference. The rest all did a splendid job and picked great numbers to represent the best the show had to offer. Finally, Lea Michele and Matt Morrison both did a splendid job with their performances. I especially loved the choice of "Don't Rain On My Parade" for Michele. I might just have that song stuck in my head for the next week, thanks to her. Oh, and when Morrison is done with Glee then he has to make his way for the Broadway lights (again). I would go see just about any show he was in. Broadway was made for him.

What were your favorite moments of this year's Tony Awards? How many of the nominated shows had you actually seen? As always, feel free to sound of in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect