JukeboxTheGhost

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

World Cup News - Quarterfinal Matches

After a month of following the best teams in the world, the World Cup Quarterfinals are finally here. Matches start July 2nd. First will be Netherlands vs. Brazil at 10am followed by Uruguay vs. Ghana at 2:30pm. Ghana beat Team USA to make it this far, so it's ok to route for Uruguay to get a little payback. Don't worry, it won't make you a bad person to do so...

July 3rd will conclude the Quarters with Argentina vs. Germany followed by Paraguay vs. Spain. With Team USA knocked out of this tournament, I've been routing for Germany to go all the way to the finish line.

Predictions: Seeing as how I didn't see either Uruguay or Ghana making it this far, it's hard for me to say here which one will come out with the win. I'm going to hazard a guess and say Uruguay (mostly it's just a hope they do come out with the win actually, but I'm still putting my money on them anyway). As for the Netherlands-Brazil match, I predict great things and a possible upset here. If Brazil wins, it is not going to be easy. For tomorrow's matches - I like Germany and Spain for the wins there. If I'm right it means a Germany-Spain semifinal, which would make this football fan very happy.

Who do you think will make it to the Semifinals? And what team are you routing for now that USA is out? Sound off in the comments section below.

2 comments:

  1. I can’t wait for the World Cup quarterfinals to start! I want to see Brazil and Spain advance all the way to the finals, with Brazil winning. Every game will be entertaining though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel it's quite a plausible prediction.

    ReplyDelete

Casimir Effect