JukeboxTheGhost

Monday, June 28, 2010

Wimbledon Gentlemen's & Ladies' Quarterfinals

Wimbledon is in week 2, which means we are getting down to the wire here. Tomorrow will be the Ladies Quarterfinals. Matches are as follows:

On Centre Court - first match is Clijsters vs. Zvonareva followed by Serena Williams vs. La Ni of China.

On Court 1 - first up is Pironkova vs. Venus Williams followed by Kvitova vs. Kanepi

Predictions: Clijsters, both Williams sisters, and... I'm not sure. That last match features two people I am not familiar with, as I tend to follow Men's Singles much more closely than the Ladies, as of late.

Wednesday will be the Men's Quarterfinals, which looks like it will be much more interesting (in my opinion). The draw stands as thus:

Federer vs. Berdych
Djokovic vs. Lu (who beat Andy Roddick for a spot in the Quarters)
Tsonga vs. Murray
Soderling vs. Nadal

Predictions - Federer, Djokovic, Murray, and... I'm not sure. I want to say Nadal but I know he is having knee problems, so that makes this tricky. He might make it past the Quarters, but if he plays Murray in the Semifinals then I think it will at least be a pretty decent battle to the Finals. I'd personally love to see Murray vs. either Federer or Djokovic in the Final match. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. After all, in this tournament anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect