JukeboxTheGhost

Sunday, October 24, 2010

CMJ Day 5 - The Conclusion

The last day of CMJ for me began with another Brooklyn Vegan party at Public Assembly. Unfortunately I arrived too late for Ted Leo, but I heard the line for that was out the door. Saw Wild Nothing for the second day in a row this week, and they were really good. I knew I liked them from the first time I saw them at Pianos, but I wasn't sure how much until I heard them here again. After they finished, Titus Andronicus began to set up to play to a very packed house. It's amazing to me how far they've come this year. Between this and headlining Webster Hall, I am very impressed. The band was possibly the biggest draw on the line-up, at least in my opinion. This is why it surprised me when the band was given an incredibly short set of approximately 20 minutes. They weren't even really given much of a warning, simply told they were done and had to get off the stage. I thought the whole situation could have been handled much better, but I'm just a humble blogger...

I lost my interest in the BV party after the Titus incident, so I didn't stay for the whole thing as originally planned. Instead, I hung out in Spike Hill for a bit to see this band called A Million Years. I couldn't stay for their whole set, but what I heard I really liked.

The final act of my CMJ experience was the TJO Present showcase at Bar Matchless. This is the one I mentioned before that my friend was running. The turnout for this one was really good, as was the response from audience members about certain bands. I was the photographer for the evening, so I have a ton of pictures to sort through before I post anything.

Yesterday was a great end to a fantastic week. Pictures from the final day will be posted (hopefully) soon. Tonight I'm going to see Muse at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ, so look for a review of that soon as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect