JukeboxTheGhost

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Releases

For those who celebrate, Merry Christmas Eve. For those who don't, Happy Holidays. And for those who don't celebrate anything remotely connected to religion, you'll get a Happy New Year from me in a week. I think that about covers it. Now on to the good stuff.

Movie releases. There are a couple good ones coming out tomorrow, including one I've been waiting for since I found out about it this summer. That would be Sherlock Holmes. I know this isn't going to be your typically Holmes tale, but I still look forward to what it potentially has to offer me.

Another movie I am excited about is The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. This was the movie Heath Ledger was working on before he died. The entire cast for this one looks great and the story seems intriguing so I look forward to seeing the finished product here. So far it is only supposed to have a limited release (festivals and LA/NYC), but if it does well to start and enough people show interest then we might be able to get it in more cities across the country.

The only other releases tomorrow are "It's Complicated", which hasn't reached the hole I have been living in quite yet and "Nine". The cast for "Complicated" looks good but I couldn't tell you whether or not it is worth checking out just yet. "Nine" also has potential but I am on the fence as to whether or not I actually am going to see it. Might just wait for the DVD and Netflix that one.

Overall, Christmas looks like it's going to be good to the movie industry this year. Holmes should do fairly well, seeing as how the character already has a decent fanbase. Hopefully Parnassus gets a Christmas miracle and sees great success as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect