JukeboxTheGhost

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sherlock Holmes is Elementary Entertaining

"Magically good"

That is what I would call the Sherlock Holmes film that has just been delivered to the big screen this Christmas. The story is full of the twists and turns you would expect from a Holmes mystery, but it never leaves the viewer feeling lost. It was intriguing watching Holmes and Watson work their magic. It was equally amusing getting to see the characters I had known for some time already, come to life in a whole new way. Growing up with Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce in my living room, there was always a certain picture that came to mind when I thought of these characters. I knew this movie would be different, but it was done in a way that gave the characters a new charge of energy without overdoing it. Overall I was impressed with the finished product and left the theater quite pleased with the whole experience. (Then again, I knew going in that it would be good). When asked how I deduced this, our blogger simply answered, "Why, elementary my dear Watson. Did you see the trailer?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect