JukeboxTheGhost

Friday, December 25, 2009

Movie Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone! I thought I would celebrate with a list of my favorite Christmas movies and maybe share a memory or two attached to each one. Here it goes:

1) White Christmas - Ironically enough, I used to hate this movie as a kid. Now it is one of my favorites. I remember sitting in my grandparents house and being bored out of my mind as everyone payed more attention to me than the movie. Now I love everything about it and understand why they loved it so much. The music is great as is the story. A holiday classic that everyone should see at least once (and I defy you to only want to watch it once).

2) Next for me would probably be A Christmas Carol, specifically the 1951 version with Alastair Sim. To me this man was Scrooge. There was anther version with Patrick Stewart that I recently saw which is also good, but nothing beats my first experience with the character.

3) I'm going to lump all my favorite childhood ones together, simply because I always watched these as a group when I was younger. This includes A Charlie Brown Christmas, Rudolph, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and Frosty the Snowman. I remember watching these with my Mom while eating Christmas cookies and drinking cocoa. I'm actually watching Rudolph now (minus the cookies and milk).

4) It's A Wonderful Life is another one of those movies I hated as a kid but absolutely love as I make may way towards adulthood. Some of my favorite lines come from this movie, including the classic "Isn't it wonderful, I'm going to jail." This is one of those movies that can make you laugh one minute then cry the next. It really tests your emotions and pushes them to the limit. A classic that everyone should experience at least once (and once may be all you can handle until next year).

Some may think that Miracle on 34th Street should come next but, since I have only ever seen it once many moons ago, I can't actually add it to my list. I have been meaning to visit this classic again (since I know it really is a classic) but have yet to get the chance. Maybe next year...

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and are ready to welcome the new year in style. And as Tiny Tim would say, "God bless us, everyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Casimir Effect